- 100% Parts & Labor Covered.
- If we can't fix it, we will Replace it.
- Does not cover Negligence.
1. What is an Extended Warranty?
It helps to think of an extended warranty as an insurance policy. You hope you don't need to activate it but it may still be prudent to purchase one to protect your investment.
Most new fitness equipment comes with a standard warranty for parts, at least for the first year. The Extended Warranty is designed to protect your equipment for the cost of parts and labor after the end of the manufacturer's warranty.
The value of your purchase will be a determining factor in deciding if you need to purchase an extended warranty especially of any purchase of fitness equipment upwards of $2000.
Our extended warranty for residential customer also includes a free comprehensive servicing at the end of the first year.
2. How does the Extended Warranty work?
Extended warranties cover whatever the standard warranty covers and extend the time periods for all parts and labor equally. For example, a one-year extended warranty typically expires one year from when the earliest part of the standard warranty expires.
Product: Sole F85
Date of Purchase: 1st January 2015
Motor : 5 Years
Parts : 1 Year
Labor : 1 Year
Expiry of Standard Warranty on Parts and Labor: 31st December 2015
If you purchase 1-Year Extended Warranty for the Sole F85 at the time of purchase of your treadmill, your warranty is immediately extended as below:
Motor : 5 Years
Parts : 2 Years
Labor : 2 Years
Expiry of Warranty on Parts and Labor: 31st December 2016
That is, till 31st December 2016, you will be covered for any repairs or replacements of the treadmill with absolutely no charge at all.
3. What does Extended Warranty Covers?
The Extended Warranty covers all repairs and breakdowns due to a mechanical or electrical breakdown, including those experienced during normal wear and tear and all failures from normal use to your electronics. A mechanical or electrical breakdown caused by a direct result of a power surge is also covered. The Covered Product must fail during normal usage.
Parts will be replaced with those of like kind and quality, and may be new or
re-manufactured. If the Covered Product cannot be repaired, if the cost of the repair exceeds the original purchase price or if parts are no longer available due to the age of the Covered Product or are discontinued by the manufacturer, the Covered Product will be replaced with a product of equal or similar features and functionality
4. What does Extended Warranty not Cover?
- Damage from accident, abuse, misuse, mishandling, negligence, introduction of foreign objects into the product, unauthorised modifications or alterations to the product.
- Removed or altered serial numbers, failure to follow the manufacturer's instruction and external causes including third party actions, fire, theft, insects, animals, exposure to weather conditions, extreme temperature, earthquake, flood, water, acts of god or consequential loss of any nature.
- Used in commercial setting or rental basis.
- Unauthorised repairs and/or parts.
- Breakdowns which are not reported withing the term of this agreement.
- Failure as a result from rust or corrosion on any covered product or part.
- Damage incurred while moving the product to another location.